Monday 18 October 2010

The first few weeks of Uni ...

Hi guys, I do apologise that is has been so long since my last blog. What can I say 2nd year of medicine is tough. Also a further apology my next blog will not be the ‘log’ but on the last few weeks of uni. Anyway without further delay ....

Flan Times

I’ve had a great summer, all is right with the world, the sun is out and the sky blue, and I’m driving back to university with high hopes for a trouble free term. My mother, being the wonderful woman she is had baked me a beautiful flan.

I can’t really describe just how beautiful this flan is, it has a thick pastry case, a beautiful and thick custard base, every different sort of fruit covered in a sweet jelly. Mmmmmm.

Anyway i’m driving back to uni fantasising about eating this amazing flan, when I have to break sharply due to a ridiculously placed speed camera. My flan smashes on the floor. Man, this is an awful moment. Its literally everywhere custard over the seats, jelly on the floor, enough to bring you to tears to be honest. Anyway I pull myself together, and 10 minutes down the road I hear this fizzing sound. I look round to find one of my beers had spontaneously popped and is fizzing everywhere and slowly but surely forming a paste with the flan. I mean how unlikely is that? Do these things happen to anyone else?

So it came to pass that I spent my first day at uni cleaning my car of a paste made of flan and beer. You wouldn’t believe how much the car smelt after that!

MGL (for now)

No comments:

Post a Comment