Friday 27 August 2010

The day of complete embarrassment

Well this legendary story begins on an average college day. After a night of very little sleep due to a coursework deadline I found myself sitting in the computer room at college. It had been an ordinary day, the sun was out, and the ‘hard’ kids had been smoking weed at the back of the bus on the way to college.

So anyway, I was sitting there in the computer room waiting out the minutes until assembly, thinking to myself, ‘ah man I actually can’t be bothered with today’. I was struck by a sudden passion to skive the day and return home for sleep.

I stood up and realising I had just one minute to assembly panicked slightly, I could hear the house master walking towards the computer room telling people to go to assembly.

It was now or never!

I opened the window, and jumped down to the car park below (about a 7 foot drop). I remember thinking arrogantly to myself ‘ha-ha I’m free for a day’. In the next few seconds this feeling of arrogance would soon turn into complete embarrassment. A sudden breeze revealed a rip literally from the top to the bottom of the back of my trousers. OH CRAP!

So what do I do??? I can’t go back to college, I’ve got to get home, but the bus stop is a 10 minute walk away.

Well I decided, there’s nothing for it, I begin the slow and shameful trip to the bus. However I thought as I walked I can either put my head down and be embarrassed or hold my head high.

So it came to pass that on a day in April I Was walking down the high street with barely any trousers and as I passed anyone that gave me a questioning look a replied ‘what’s sup’.

Needless to say it wasn’t long before the whole of the college knew,

Stealth isn’t strength of mine.


MGL

No comments:

Post a Comment