Wednesday 11 August 2010

My first blog

So let’s start out with why I decided to start blogging. Over the last few weeks I have been encouraged by friends to write down my life, as when telling them about episodes from it, they have literally not been able to stop laughing (I haven't intended to be funny). The reason for the blog cleared up I now explain the meaning of MGL. MGL stands for moderately good looking and has been completely associated with me ever since my uni friends read it off my facebook. So I know what you’re thinking. Who writes that there moderately good looking on their facebook? Well in my defence my now x girl friend wrote that I was good looking and I thought that well, it was a bit arrogant to keep it when we broke up, hence the moderately good looking. Now of all the nicknames I’ve had in my life mgl isn't that bad'; that is until people learn what m,g and l stand for. It certainly starts conversations.

However the conversations aren't always the best conversations. It always goes the same way. My friends fire the question at some poor unsuspecting girl "do you think he is moderately good looking?" The girl then turns to me looks me up and down before delivering a verdict. Its the kind of look Joey from friends gives a girl when he says "how you doooin". Normally the girl says yes and then the girls asks why? Although often the girl says i am mgl, I sometime wish she would be like no, his good looking not moderately good looking. And then comes the long tale of how I was so named MGL. The girl then goes aaaaahhhhhh, turns to me and says, well that’s a bit arrogant the exact thing i was trying to avoid. I then pleade my innocence about how my x-girl friend had wrote I was good looking, well u know the story. So there we are, little does my X know about the problems shall has caused by writing that I was good looking. I think I shall refer to her as the mgls, moderately good looking starter in future, or maybe not, we shall see.

With all of this said, it bring me on to ask the question, what is the worst possible way to deal with rejection? Now I’m not talking about the kind of rejection where u go away cry, eat ice cream and move on. I'm talking about when its you doing the rejecting. Well one evening at uni on a night out, after having had farrrr to much alcohol, one of the people from my course approaches me. In short, she confesses her undying love for me. I quickly take a sneaky look behind me to make sure it is indeed me she is talking 2, thinking to myself she’s so blurry I can't work out whether she is fit or not! However with my level of intoxication I simply can't take in what she is saying, can't think through repercussions, so simply walk off. There u go, the very worst way to deal with rejection.

No comments:

Post a Comment